Monday, August 29, 2011

A letter to the blank page.

I hate the blank page. You, I guess. I hate you. I love creating things, but so many things have already been created that I feel like I'm just recreating. It's parody. Don't get me wrong, I like parody. It's fun. It's effective. It's comfortable, almost formulaic, but it's cheap. I wish, for once, that I was the one being parodied. I want someone to find my work so original that they want to breathe new life into it. So now, blank page, if you're staring at me expectantly, like a dog who knows it's time for supper, but I have nothing to feed you. But unlike that dog, you won't starve. You'll continue to stare. You are persistent. So, I apologize. I don't hate you. I'm intimidated by you, but don't worry. Soon I'll be able to fill you with new, exciting ideas, and until then, you'll have to snack on some parody.


No comments:

Post a Comment